THE ADVENTURES OF A SENIOR MISSIONARY COUPLE IN ALASKA

This page is to update our activities for our children and grandchildren while we are in Alaska. If you happen onto this page and you don't fall in into the above category -- go ahead and snoop. You might even want to check out Mormon.Org and lds.org to find out what we are doing in Alaska.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MOMMA! HELP!

Yesterday morning, Tues. the 28th, we passed a parking impound of tour buses and I thought I saw the biggest "junk yard dogs" in my life. When we got up close, instead of dogs, we discovered two moose calves wandering around. We stopped and I jumped out with the camera and tried to get pictures of the scene. The both of them were just disappearing around the back of a bus when I took the picture below.
Goodbye!
A few seconds later, they came around where I could see them again.
They both headed for the south fence again. That's when
I looked outside the fence and WHAM!
Momma was standing there looking at her babies.
You just can't imagine how tall she was. She stood higher
than any horse I've ever seen. It's a good thing the calves were...
inside the compound and not out. She'd have probably
pounded me into the ground. Thank heavens, they were
gone this morning. Someone must have come to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment