THE ADVENTURES OF A SENIOR MISSIONARY COUPLE IN ALASKA

This page is to update our activities for our children and grandchildren while we are in Alaska. If you happen onto this page and you don't fall in into the above category -- go ahead and snoop. You might even want to check out Mormon.Org and lds.org to find out what we are doing in Alaska.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

ANOTHER YEAR OLDER AND DEEPER IN DEBT

When I was a young pup growing up in Vernal, I never ever dreamed about the day when I would turn 63 years old. Sixty three -- that's the age when people have one foot in the grave and the other foot on a very slippery banana peel. That was the age when one became feeble, mentally incapable and incontinent. Because of the incontinence, an old body smelled like pee all the time. At that age, men stopped shaving daily, stopped showering daily -- in essence, turned into an old slob. Well, I may smell like a wet diaper all the time, but I shower, shave, brush my teeth and get dressed in a suit every day and report to an office every weekday at 8:00 AM for a full day's work. So, I'm thinking that turning 63 is not so bad after all. It's quite nice to be standing on the right side of the ground still. And, I think that I'll endure being an old duffer for a good while longer - hopefully....

Sister Campbell didn't even bake me a cake --
She went to the store and PURCHASED me...
not only one, but TWO. Chocolate for everyone else...
and lemon for me. Bless her heart!

--OTHER NEWS--


 We are in our new office now. The AP's are
emptying boxes like crazy and piling them in front of Sister
Campbell's desk all day long. HAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment