THE ADVENTURES OF A SENIOR MISSIONARY COUPLE IN ALASKA

This page is to update our activities for our children and grandchildren while we are in Alaska. If you happen onto this page and you don't fall in into the above category -- go ahead and snoop. You might even want to check out Mormon.Org and lds.org to find out what we are doing in Alaska.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

THE LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN

I was still bumping around the apartment Friday night on the 3rd of June (actually, it was the first hour of the 4th) and paused to look out the blinds to see how light it was. I was just a bit surprised. So, I grabbed the camera and took the following three pictures. It I were still a kid, I'd be sneaking outside at night to play -- since it's still very bright outside. I just love all the light that bleeds through the blinds and curtains at night.

Our mission-mobile and the neighbor's 70's junker.
Looking Northwest
This view is more North than West -- toward Elmendorf
Air force Base

I'm kind of worried about the reverse of this six months from now. Especially since we are moving into a new office complex with only a couple of windows. Seasonal Effective Disorder, here we come...

No comments:

Post a Comment