THE ADVENTURES OF A SENIOR MISSIONARY COUPLE IN ALASKA

This page is to update our activities for our children and grandchildren while we are in Alaska. If you happen onto this page and you don't fall in into the above category -- go ahead and snoop. You might even want to check out Mormon.Org and lds.org to find out what we are doing in Alaska.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

ERSTER AUSFLUG


Somehow, I was suckered into this first "field trip" because it was not very far from the road (just a short walk - very little up and down - and it was supposed to be a beautiful falls - I mean, after all, it is named THUNDER  BIRD FALLS!!!!


first of all, we had to sit through about and hour and a half of construction on the Glenn Highway because of construction. When we got to the parking lot for this place, we were instructed to leave a visitor's fee --- State of Alaska, you are so cheap!

Next, I'm certain that all the thunder birds in the world are much insulted with the designation of these diminutive falls having something to do with them -- but, I get ahead of my self.

THE WALK IN AND OUT

Frankly, the only interesting thing on the...
"short" walk in and out was the...
vegetation.
The short hike was was about a mile and it definetely
was UP and down.
Plus, the "skeeters" thought I was a walking lunch...
but they left sweet Sister C. completely alone...
Hmmmm! Go figure.
I saw many fern plants on our jaunt and wished that
I had a pot of soil with me to steal one for our apartment.
A look out over the river below...
 full of cloudy glacier water.
 The old man and the mountain...
 Sister C.
 Finally, we reached the platform where we could see...
THUNDER BIRD FALLS -- TA! DAH!

You're kidding me, right?
This is what we walked in here for?
Hmmm?
Yaaahh...
Wow! We sat through an hour and a half of 
construction traffic for this, huh?
What say we go home --

No comments:

Post a Comment