THE ADVENTURES OF A SENIOR MISSIONARY COUPLE IN ALASKA

This page is to update our activities for our children and grandchildren while we are in Alaska. If you happen onto this page and you don't fall in into the above category -- go ahead and snoop. You might even want to check out Mormon.Org and lds.org to find out what we are doing in Alaska.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

"HOW TO FRY A SUBARU" BY I. B. STUPID

Last week, I was awakened by my cell phone about 3:45 AM. I staggered to answer it, but I'm not too bright at that time of the morning -- so, the phone switched to message mode. I finally woke up, turned on a light (then I was bright), got a pencil and a note pad, and listened to the message.

"Hello, Mr. Campbell, This is the Anchorage Police Department. I'm trying to let someone know that is affiliated with the LDS Church building located on Strawberry. We had a neighbor report a car fire in the parking lot of the building. If you or someone else could call us at muff muff muff six. Have them refer to case number xxxxx."

Well, That certainly woke me up. And, I woke up Elder Parker, who is in charge of the car fleet and let him know. He responded to the chapel and let the President know. He came over, took some pictures and both he and Elder Parker talked with the fire department and the Police. Do you know how to spell "arson?" Do you know how to feel after a brand new $16,000.00 car with fewer than 500 miles on it has been totaled? Have you ever wanted to geld a human?

Well, all the cars are in a safe, locked-up, supervised place now. You can buy a lot of storage space for $16,000.00.


Elder P with the deceased Subaru
Mmmmm! Yummy! Fried tire!!!
The one mighty engine -- now toast!
The once luxurious interior --
Well, at least it didn't explode and burn up 5 other
new cars -- or the church.

How do you rotate the image?", he painfully asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment